Skip to content
- Why should I care about this sample? Is the sample itself of interest, whether 1 person (e.g., a biography-like case study) or 1,000?
- If generalisation to a broader population is intended or implied,
(a) How is the case made that the findings in the sample transfer to other people?
(b) Why should I care about the target population?
- To what extent do findings depend on participants being able to articulate the reasons why they acted the way they did?
- Do the researchers state or imply that X caused Y or contributed to Y? If so, what evidence is provided that if X hadn’t been the case, then Y would have been different.
- What political agendas do (a) the researchers and (b) their institutions have? Related, what constraints are they under, e.g., due to who funds them?